Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Emy J's and Cafe Espresso

Stevens Point was my first home away from home.  I came to the University here as a freshman three years ago and since the first time I stepped foot in Emy J's I knew I would be back countless times over the course of my college time here.  Located a block north of downtown this quiet, quaint, little place seems to be in a perfect spot.  On one side you can find a wide variety of baked goodies, ice cream flavors and speciality coffee drinks.  Once ordering a Hot Apple Cider or Smoothies, customers can venture to the other side and look through their menu of delicious soups, wraps, and breakfast dishes.  Now, I have been here many times before but for some reason this trip stuck with me.  I ordered a Beany Bean Wrap, minus the cheese.  The large wrap came loaded with gucamole, black beans, greens, and pico de gallo. Along with that the dish comes with sweet potato chips, soup, or a side salad.  I dug my teeth into this enormous wrap and let the juices overwhelm my tastebuds.  The wrap came fresh off the grill and definitely did not disappoint. 

My dearest friend Ari swears by the Chicken Curry Wrap, and as did a lot of other people there.  It is definitely a crowd pleasure.  She got it paired with a wonderful, steamy bowl of Pumpkin and Red Pepper Soup, which I snitched more than one spoonful of. 

The atmosphere brings friends together and the lighting is perfect for reading.  After enjoying our filling meal (I had leftovers) we grabbed some coffee and mochas and sat reading for school.  There are plenty of couches around as well as tables for people to sit at.  The only thing that made this trip better was knowing that I was drinking fair trade coffee and most of their produce comes from local, and some, organic farmers in the Stevens Point area.  So whether you need a break from studying or just a place to grab coffee with a friend, make sure to stop in next time you're in the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment